Bottled water quality filtration for showers and baths
The high-flow carbon block cartridge used in Better Waters System 3006 offers extremely low pressure drop and maintains efficiency for optimal chlorine taste & odor reduction.
What does it take out?
- Chlorine, Chloramines, Chlorine Taste and Odor
- 0.5 micron filtration: Near total reduction of cysts (including Cryptosporidium, Giardia and Entamoeba), oxidized iron, manganese and sulfides, asbestos fibers
- Heavy duty 304L stainless steel construction for maximum durability
- 0.5 micron granular activated carbon cartridge
- Ideal for shower and bath water supplied from hot and cold risers
- Commercial and industrial applications
- Designed for high temperature and high pressure applications
- Accepts 4 1/2" diameter (Big Blue style) Double Open-End (DOE) cartridge
- Ring nut closure for quick cartridge change outs
- Spring loaded knife edge seal provides positive sealing for variable length cartridges
- Mounting bracket kit included for easy installation
- Numerous gasket options for compatibility with most fluids
- Potable Water RO Pre-filtration
- Bottled quality filtration for shower and bath water
- Food & Beverage Wastewater
- Plating Solutions Electronics
- Chemical and Photographic solutions
- Coolants Inks / Paints / Coatings
Specifications & Operating Parameters:
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 150 psig (10.3 bar)
- Maximum Temperature: 200°F (93°C)
- Maximum Flow rate: 25 gpm (94.6 lpm)
- Cartridge dimensions: 20" L x 4.5" Dia.
- System dimensions: 25" (635 mm) L x 5.75" (146 mm) Dia.
- Inlet /Outlet: 1" FNPT
- Drain: 1/8" Quick twist fitting
- Gaskets: Buna N (optional: EPR, Viton)
- Operating temperature range: 40 –180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chlorine taste & odor reduction >50,000 g @ 4 gpm
- Pressure reduction @ flow rate as tested by manufacturer:
- 2 psi @ 2 gpm
- 10 psi @ 8 gpm
- 15 psi @ 10 gpm
Actual flow rates depend upon incoming pressure, fluid, viscosity, cartridge type, micron ratings and other factors.
- 304L Stainless Steel Head and Shell
- Bonded PAC filter media
- Polypropylene end caps
- Polyethylene netting
- Santoprene® gaskets
WARNING: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe, or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Systems certified for cyst reduction may be used on disinfected waters that may contain filterable cysts.
NOTE: The contaminants or substances removed or reduced by this water treatment device are not necessarily in your water.
NOTE: Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate and certain other application conditions. Certain states require system registration or certification for health-related reduction claims.
NOTE: A drinking water cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation and before using the water, follow the instructions for flushing the cartridge to remove fines.