System 3009 for applications up to 4 gpm
Bottled water quality (0.5 micron) filtration for applications up to 4 GPM: standard-flow showers, tapping off risers etc.
Please note: For complete filtration of a shower or similar you will need two systems, one each for hot and cold. Hot and cold water supplies must be filtered and thereafter directed separately. The hot and cold filters are identical in construction.
For flow rates higher than the max flow rate per system, the solution is to manifold two or more of each (hot and/or cold).
The (two) high-flow carbon block cartridges used in Better Waters System 3009 offer extremely low pressure drop and maintain efficiency for optimal chlorine taste & odor reduction.
What does it take out?
- Chlorine, Chloramines, Chlorine Taste and Odor
- 0.5 micron filtration: Near total reduction of cysts (including Cryptosporidium, Giardia, etc), oxidized iron, manganese and sulfides, asbestos fibers
- Heavy duty 316L stainless steel construction for maximum durability
- 0.5 micron granular activated carbon cartridge
- Ideal for faucets supplied from hot risers
- Commercial and industrial applications
- Designed for high temperature and high pressure applications
- Ring nut closure for quick cartridge change outs
- Spring loaded knife edge seal provides positive sealing for variable length cartridges
- Mounting bracket kit included for easy installation
- Numerous gasket options for compatibility with most fluids
- Water Chemicals
- Food & Beverage Electronics
- Oil Inks / Paints / Coatings
- Coolants Pulp & Paper
Specifications & Operating Parameters:
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 300 psig (20.7 bar)
- Maximum Temperature: 180°F (82°C)
- Maximum Flow rate: 4 gpm (15 lpm)
- Cartridge dimensions: 9 3/4" L x 2 7/8" Dia. (uses two)
- System dimensions: 23 9/16" L x 3.5" Dia.
- Inlet /Outlet: 1" FNPT
- Drain: 1/8" NPT Plug
- Gaskets: Buna N (optional: EPR, Viton)
- Operating temperature range: 40 –180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pressure reduction @ flow rate as tested by manufacturer:
- 4 psi @ 2 gpm
- 6 psi @ 4 gpm
Actual flow rates depend upon incoming pressure, fluid, viscosity, cartridge type, micron ratings and other factors.
- 316L Stainless Steel Head and Shell
- Bonded PAC filter media
- Polypropylene end caps
- Polyethylene netting
- Santoprene® gaskets
WARNING: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe, or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Systems certified for cyst reduction may be used on disinfected waters that may contain filterable cysts.
NOTE: The contaminants or substances removed or reduced by this water treatment device are not necessarily in your water.
NOTE: Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate and certain other application conditions. Certain states require system registration or certification for health-related reduction claims.
NOTE: A drinking water cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation and before using the water, follow the instructions for flushing the cartridge to remove fines.