XL7000 replacement cartridge or new system
XL7000 Premium Filtration
- Single-cartridge technology for true bottled-water quality.
- 0.2 micron filtration
- Reduces over 99.99% of water-borne heterotrophic bacteria by membrane filtration as tested by manufacturer and verified by manufacturer's laboratory.
- 2.5 gallons / minute
- Flow rate higher than standard 3/8" cold water line.
- 6000 gallon cartridge capacity.
- Average longevity: One year.
What does it take out?
The XL7000 is NSF-certified for near total reduction of:
- Select VOCs
- Chlorine Taste and Odor
- Particulates Class I (including rust, manganese, sulfides, and asbestos fibers)
- Cysts (including Cryptosporidium and Giardia)
Also over 99.99% reduction of water-borne heterotrophic bacteria by membrane filtration as tested by manufacturer (3M) and verified by manufacturer's laboratory.
How does it do that?
Better Waters incorporates a patented Integrated Membrane Pre-activated Carbon (I.M.P.A.C.T.) technology that blends the high efficiency of carbon media with the durability of a microporous membrane filter into a single pharmaceutical grade cartridge. This unique process dramatically reduces pressure drop and increases flow rate, resulting in longer cartridge life.
Just how good is it?
- Use of the XL7000 to eliminate bottled water qualifies for a LEED Innovation in Design credit per US Green Building Council Credit Interpretations and Rulings CSv2.0 IDc1.
- The XL7000 meets the WELL Building Standard for filtered drinking water from the IWBI (International WELL Building Institute).
- Click here to read about its impact on NYC tap water
|30 - 125 psi|
40 - 100°F (4 - 38°C)
4.5”(W) x 4.5”(D) x 16.125”(H)
*: Allow min. 2.25” clearance for cartridge replacement.
Some of the most often asked questions:
How small is 0.2 micron?
Fine enough to remove bacteria and cysts, which are typically 1-2 micron in size. The naked eye can see down to about 40 microns. 0.2 micron filtration is frequently used in research labs to ensure removal of bacteria.
What is "full-flow technology"?
With full-flow technology, no dedicated faucet is needed. This is a unique feature among high-performance filtration systems. The XL7000 can be installed directly into the cold water line supplying a sink, thus filtering all the cold water to the tap. Ideal for all food prep, fruit and vegetable washing, rapid fill of pots and coffee makers etc.
Is the life of the filter cartridge reduced when supplying all cold water?
Theoretically yes, but keep in mind most water used for washing is hot. A typical family of four uses about 3500 gallons of cold water at their kitchen sink in one year. The XL7000 is NSF-certified for 6000 gallons, and it's recommended to replace it once a year in any case.
What if I need a higher flow rate?
For restaurants and other food-service applications, the XL7000 can be manifolded in parallel to accommodate higher flow rates (and may thereby offer an exponential increase in cartridge longevity).